Saturday 14 August 2010

Day 136

Day 136.Fri 13th August.
MART

It’s a dryish morning and were off to Rovereto for MART. Italy’s largest modern art museum. (Yes we do love our art)
Its has a famous collection of Italian Futurist and American pop art of the 21c. None of which was on show when we were there. There was an enjoyable show of American painting from 1850 to the 1960s and some Italian stuff we could live without. A surprisingly great restaurant with fantastic food and charming staff saved the day. Our planned trip up a cable car and mountain walks with Molls was cancelled because it’s pissing down AGAIN. Where have all the blue skies and fluffy clouds gone. It was like this when we arrived in the spring.
Our Internet access only covers Italy and as were heading for Innsbruck tomorrow (yes Franz a whole night in Austria) this will be the last blog for while. We're hot footing it though Europe to Calais and the labyrinthine pet passport procedures. Molls has to be flea’d, wormed and certified not less than 24 and not more than 48 hours before she can return to the UK.
Home on the 20th August so Ta Ta for now. Andy clears his wardrobe for the journey home.
MART
ART


2 comments:

  1. I've had a lovely Sunday morning reading your blog entries and love the photos with Andy and his wardrobe very funny!

    Will miss reading them but will have the real life version to make me tea and cake 'cos I've just had to have dust!!

    If you're lucky I might make you my towering pisa cake which Hils thinks would be a good idea - i don't often bake which the last cake I did proves and I didn't even really cook it anyway - it tasted yummy though so no laughing at it when I bring it round!

    Do you have to go anywhere to be deflead before we let you 2 back in?!

    not long now boys before you're home :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me! Fi's towering pisa cake is a sight to behold! (Fi - I am not sure how you are going to get it round to 33a! Will it travel well?)

    As I type this (still in a damp and dreary Deanshanger) I can say that I am looking forward to your return. It has been a long time but somehow seems to have gone quickly.

    I am worried about Molly and the pet passport horrors. I have fears of her being impounded on the wrong side of the channel tunnel.

    It will be strange to have you back - strange and yet somehow this adventure will have passed so quickly. I wonder what you will make of Gosport without Ann and Wayne next door.

    Au revoir for now.

    Hilary

    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete