Thursday 29 April 2010

Day 28

Day 28; Tue 27th April.

Started the day with some fantastic new physical contortions from Andrew.
(Don’t try this at home) With one leg on the ground, outside the wang, haul the other leg forwards and up, into the wang, throw your entire weight onto the leg inside and use it to heave your whole body, not just into the wang, but also around the corner where the sink lives.
Not entirely sure what mental processes were involved in the initiation of this manoeuvre, if any at all.
However the resulting blood curdling scream and collapse to the floor is a good indication of the effect on the ligaments in his right knee. Vulnerable from an old skiing injury in Spain many years ago.
Lots of wailing, clutching, curling up into a ball to avoid all the kicks I was aiming at his stupid head. (It always takes weeks to recover)
Still, Molly got a VERY long walk out of it, I calmed down, realising this is another way of slowing down (not sabotaging the entire trip which was my original interpretation).
Practicalities involve loading him into the car for the short (300 mtr) but steep climb to the loos and shower and me doing everything myself.
Fortunately it is so peaceful by the lake, apart from distant spine chilling screams carried on the breeze from Gardaland a theme park some 4 km distant.
The look(interpret as you will) in reponse to "Where's Hills"

The wild birds are amazing, from breeding Grebes to preening swans and cheeky little sparrows hopping onto our table to help themselves.Not so enamoured of the blackbird sitting on our fence at dinnertime tearing apart a baby lizard but hey we all gota eat.

1 comment:

  1. She's here! She's here! Pining for her Molly (particulary black 'I wish I had a dog' week for me here in MK!).

    Gazza likely to be looking for a new home as he beat up a puppy in the park yesterday and is really pushing all Emily's buttons. Perhaps we could swap!!

    Oh, and i am amazed at all the wild birds - I thought the Italians ate them all!

    Hilary

    ps never mind your prescription Rob, do I need to rush to Boots for Andy!!! Bless him. I sympathise - I too have dodgy knees.

    ReplyDelete