Thursday 22 April 2010

Day 21

Day 21; Tuesday 20th April.

Tired bunnies that we are, we had a Molly day. She was laid a little low by the ungentle manly reaction of Gaza to news of her latest infatuation. We tried to reassure her, that part of a crossbreed’s attraction is their unpredictability, and you have to take the rough with the smooth.
A day on the beach soon lifted her spirits and a nimble (but cautious) romp with loads of scattering crabs had her enthusiasm back.
More campsite rituals to ponder.
The way they wandering around clutching a whole toilet roll. As if overwhelmed by the desire to announce to the world where they are off to and what they are going to do when they get there.
Every now and then several roll bearers will congregate and you can only imaging the conversation.
“Off to the WC I see.”
“Yes, I’m a little on the loose side at the moment so thought it best to take a whole roll.”
“Yes you can’t be too careful.”
“Recklessness has no place in the WC.”
“Have a good one then.”
“See you later.”
“Only if you’ve washed your hands.”
Being gentlemen, Andrew and myself discretely re-roll what we need round our hands (careful judgment needed) and discreet the necessary about our person. One can then present to world the appearance of being out for a genteel stroll, with no sense of urgency or purpose whatsoever.

7 comments:

  1. Hi
    Catching up with a few days blog.
    Sounds all fab, Richard says he can´t imagine you two in a camp site.
    Who are the 2 smart gentlemen on suits on a gate and in sunglasses, my god you look dapoo¡¡¡
    Padua souns great, you did not say all that much about the Giotto, where they great?
    By the way, your installments sound like a Enid Blighton book, meals are discribed in a great detail.
    excuse the spelling.
    Love
    Esp y que continue la aventura¡¡¡¡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Molly - Gascoinge calling again!

    Concerned to learn that you considered my last comments ungentlmanly! My dear friend - I wish to re-assure you that my gentlemanly nature is as sound as ever. However, any dog daring to even consider looking me straight in the eye will quickly get the rough edge of my canine tongue and tooth! One has standards, even with foreign mutz!

    Hilary tells me that your humans have been looking at frescos (what ever they may be). Frankly the crabs sound far more exciting to my mind. She also tells me that your humans seem a little obsessed by the toilet habits of the other camp inhabitants. These humans - tsk - they should just learn to squat and let it all go! would be much better all round in my view.

    Your in jolly japes and hijinks

    Gascoinge XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, Mary here (toomey).Couldn't get on to the blog at first but now have you as a favourite!! Have caught up to day 14...It's Friday eve here, beautiful weather, almost at the end of a glass of wine and a harsh week! (started sipping at day 1) and thought I'd say 'hi' now before the wine takes charge! missing you but delighted to now be following your trail.The tyre, the car, oh my God! what a start!Gotta go, the wines working!! viva Espania!!Love you. M.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary - don't you mean 'Bella Italia'? It must have been a good glass of wine!

    Saturday Am was beautiful at the harbour. It was like being by the Med. After seemingly weeks of dry weather it rained last night - so your garden should have had a bit of a drink. Mellors says he is going to check it out tomorrow.

    Lots of love

    Hils xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for a lovely read about Italy although I'm still none the wiser about art sorry Rob I will be as illerate in that area as when you left! Have a lovely day and speak to you soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darlings, I nearly wet myself catching up with your adventures, (& yes my pelvic floor is fine thanks).

    Just returned from a little sunshine break myself and luckily landed before the skies closed.

    I still feel hot and sweaty just thinking about your Day 9. “Narrow roads, hairpins bends, very steep plus bonkers Italian drivers. OMG you are so brave or total nutters? And crikey who knew Ms Molly was that kind of girl!
    Sxx

    ReplyDelete