Saturday 15 May 2010

Day 44

Day 44 Thursday 13th May. Sunny Sorrento.

At the far end of the Circumvesuniana is the tourist town of Sorrento. An antidote to the other end of the line, Napoli. A delight to find somewhere clean and pretty with views and shops.
Shared our journey with a group of American cruse passengers. “You look like someone,” they offered. I smiled weakly and kept my gaze firmly on the landscape.
Had our morning Coffee on a smart hotel balcony overlooking the bay with great views of the town tumbling into the sea. Lots of boats leave here for Capri, filed away mental note in case of a prolonged car repair.An indifferent lunch where the waiters reminded us four times how to leave a tip. Well here’s a tip, serve better food and be more attentive. Were tourists not idiots?
The charms of aimless wandering eventually began to wane and we head home.
The correct car part has arrived so maybe tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Morning boys. It looks really beautiful. I've been having dreams of Ben and I touring Greece and its islands as we love Greece as you love Italia - look what you're doing to us!!! Been watering the garden this morning, our fabulous gardener has been looking after it beautifully and I get told off by him if I don't water them enough, so I'm doing as I'm told!! He's going to create a border of all acid soil loving plants so hopefully the builder is going to turn up this week and raise the border by a couple of layers then I'll order a ton of the right soil. Our wisteria is out in full purple bloom and is beautiful.

    Do hope you're not stuck too long and the car is fixed ok after the weekend.

    Our new king size bed arrived this week after a 2 month wait, and after 3 men struggling like mad to get it up the stairs, taking a chunk out of wall meaning the hall and stairs and landing all now needs redecoarting, it turned out to be the wrong flipping size mattress! Finally got to sleep in our new bed last night :)

    Hope your night nights are comfy and the wang is drying out a bit from the mud!

    Much love and kisses

    Fi
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chaps - I need a map! I have completely lost my bearings! Where are you now? Still camping Zeus?

    My car part is still on order too - has to come from France!

    H
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete